By Amethyst Martinez
Careless cooking in Olson. On Sept. 18, at 2 p.m., Public Safety responded to Olson Residence Hall for an activated fire alarm. Upon investigation, the alarm was set off due to careless cooking. When Public Safety was resetting the alarm system, they noticed the door that leads to the fire alarm panel was damaged. Upon closer inspection of the door, it was discovered that the closure mechanism had been damaged, preventing it from properly closing. Facilities Management was contacted for repair.
Stuck on cement. On Sept. 18, at 5:08 p.m., Public Safety responded to the resident parking lot for the report of a vehicle that had driven over a concrete parking block. Upon their arrival, Public Safety found that a vehicle had driven over the parking block, dragging it to a space nearby. The vehicle became stuck on top of the block and could not move. Facilities Management and Public Safety could not help remove the parking block and the owner had to contact a tow truck for assistance.
Graffiti in soot. On Sept. 20, at 8 a.m., Public Safety was contacted by Facilities Management who reported graffiti on the firepit located on the lower patio of the Bart Luedeke Center. Upon their arrival, Public Safety discovered that various words, phrases and images were written on the brick surround of the fireplace in soot. Facilities Management removed the graffiti and Public Safety is investigating.
– Information provided by Public Safety Capt. Matthew Babcock